Samsung’s launched the newest version of its Note range of devices, and it doesn’t stray too far from last year’s model. However, there are a few key spec differences and changes to note. It’ll be available to pre-order in Europe from August 16, and will go on sale September 2.
Customers who pre-order (pricing not disclosed at time of writing) will also get a free new Gear VR headset, also announced today.
- It’s water resistant – both the handset and the SPen, meaning you can use the pen while both are wet
- Biometric optical security – scan your iris to access your phone or make payments
- It’ll arrive running Marshmallow, but will most likely be upgraded to Nougat in the future.
- Octa-Core processor, achieved by a pairing of 2.3Ghz and 1.6Ghz Quad-Core processors
- 5.7-inch Quad HD display (2,560 x 1,440 pixels)
- 12-megapixel OIS ‘Dual Pixel’ rear camera setup
- 5-megapixel front-facing camera with f1.7 aperture for wider shots
- 3,500 mAh battery
- It’ll be available in Blue Coral, Silver Titanium and Onyx Black
- New Gear VR promises to be more comfortable, comes in black instead of white to decrease distraction and has a new port for connecting to other devices.